Powernubby.com: About Pet Dog – Admit it; you love your canine pet so much you want to hear the best facts about dogs all the time. Considering that they have been around man for more than 14,000 years already, the way we treat our canine pets has really evolved to something approaching kinship. The close relationship of man to his dog has been found by scientists documented on potteries, cave drawings and ivory carvings. Today, it is done through videos, digital images and decorative sculptures.
About Pet Dog – Some Random Facts
Because of the importance that we place on our pet dogs, it is not surprising that a lot has been written about them. Just like most dog owners, you must have already read about how to potty train your dog or what foods to feed her, but did you know that a substance in chocolate can kill your pet? The substance is called theobromine and at the very least, it could make your dog gravely ill.
You must have known that dogs can hear better than humans. This is because man can only perceive sound that has 20,000 vibrations per second while dogs can sense up to 35, 000 vibrations per second.
They can smell even better. As compared to the five million smell sensory cells of man, a Dachshund has 125 million, a Fox Terrier has 147 million and a German shepherd has 220 million.
Normally, people would put up the sign “Beware of Dogs” on their premises to warn strangers that a guard dog is in the house. If you think that it is a modern method, you are wrong. Mosaics that say exactly the same meaning were found on the doorsteps of homes in ancient Roman cities.
As of 1977, there are 121 dog breeds that are recognized by the American Kennel Club. These range from the Yorkshire terrier, the Chihuahua, and the Toy Poodle, which are the smallest canines to the Irish wolfhound and the Great Dane, which are recognized as the tallest dogs. The heaviest breed is the St. Bernard.
The number of dogs in the United States is the highest in the world, with the Labrador retriever being the most favored breed. It has also been estimated that a million dogs became the primary beneficiaries of their master’s will. Unfortunately, 15 people also die from dog bites in the country each year. The figure for 2002 even surpassed the number of people who were killed by sharks for the past century.
About Pet Dog – 10 Things You Should Know
Quite often I meet people who are getting their first dog and really have no idea what a dog needs or wants. This is a list of things that you should know about dogs.
1. Dogs are den animals and the greatest gift you can give your new pet is its own den in the form of a crate. I like the plastic type crate better than the wire one because it has that den feeling and the wire cage does not.
2. You can never really enjoy the love and companionship of a dog if it lives in the back yard. So bring your dog in the house and make it part of the family.
3. Dogs are pack animal and really have a desire to be part of a pack which means your family. Don’t be upset if your new pet wants to follow you around the house and be with you it simply wants to be part of the family.
4. Feed your dog at the same time daily. Dogs like and more importantly need a routine to be happy.
5. Training is important for several reasons. One of the most important reasons is that it establishes you as the master and gives the dog a leader to look to for guidance.
6. Exercise is a must. Canine need it to eliminate nervous energy. The great part is that you will benefit from going for walks as well. Exercise is just as good for humans as it is for dogs.
7. House train your dog as soon as you get it. The number one reason that dogs end up in a shelter is because they did not get house trained.
8. If you are starting with a puppy socialize it early. The period of socialization for a dog is from birth to 20 weeks of age. Socializing your dog early will help to avoid aggression or fear issues later.
9. Find a great veterinarian that both you and your dog like. Establishing a relationship with your vet early is good for you and your dog.
10. Make it a habit to spend just a few minutes everyday doing something that makes your dog happy. Your dog will reward you with its complete loyalty.
If you will follow these simple steps with your dog you will find that having a dog can be a great and rewarding experience. Dogs have a way of making us healthier and happier than we would be without a dog.
Common Question About Pet Dog Behavior Problems
If you are a dog owner who is experiencing doggy behavior that your dog did not show when he was a puppy then you probably have a question about behavior problems. This is very natural because puppies and adult dogs can be very different.
The challenge with dogs and the reason most people have a question about dog behavior problems is that different breeds have different behaviors that are natural to the breed. Sometimes people find a pet for the family without checking into the breed which will make them have a question about dog behavior problems.
Here are three of the most frequently asked questions that you may see if you have a question about pet dog behavior problems:
Q: Why is my dog always chewing things? It seems like he only goes for my shoes and no one else’s?
A: This is a question about behavior problems that many dog owners do not understand. Usually when a dog starts chewing on things it is a very lonely dog. This also can be a sign of boredom. The best thing you can do in this case is study the breed and give this dog a job. Usually that will resolve the question about dog behavior problems.
Q: We can’t leave any food or anything out on the table because our dog will just eat whatever it is. How can we stop this?
A: The best way to stop a dog from doing this is to train him to leave certain things alone. It is also a good idea to give him foods that taste and smell good to him so that he will be preoccupied with those smells. This is a question about dog behavior problems that many people have to take their job to obedience training to stop.
Q: Here is my question about behavior problems. We have a dog that we never know when he wants to go outside. How can we tell?
A: This is difficult to tell when you first get a dog and it is a good question about dog behavior problems. As a puppy it is a good idea to take him outside on a schedule so he can get to understand what he is supposed to do once outside. This is a question about dog behavior problems that your dog will eventually resolve.
Q: I have a small dog and my question about dog behavior problems is why does he urinate on my bed?
A: When a dog starts to urinate in places where it is not supposed to the best thing is to put it into a crate at night. This does not harm the animal but it will help them understand when and where to urinate.
If you are currently looking for a new pet, there are different breeds of dogs for sale that you can find from private owners, who are selling excess puppies, to online shops put up by professional breeders. If you already have a grown up dog in the house, it is normal for her to be jealous of the new puppy the first time. This will quickly pass, as dogs are social animals by nature. However, never treat your dogs equally. This is because to your dogs, pack position is still essential and treating them all the same will promote jealousy games.